Desperate times – desperate measures. These short Broadsides address some of the current issues affecting us all, providing for reflection and discussion. I’ll add one weekly. Feel free to read, copy, or repost – but only in its entirety.
I’m launching a contest-- the most interesting location anyone leaves a copy will win a prize – a signed copy of one of my novels. Please attach the picture in a note to me. Judging will be by Julianna, my wife. Decision of the judge is final (no surprise here). Members of my immediate family are not eligible for the prize but are encouraged to participate.
In any case, let me know where you’re placing them so I can put a pin on a USA map.
As always, comments are welcome. Please use the contact tab on this site.
1. “The Pig and the Weasel,” -- some of these animals may seem familiar. Click here to read.
2. Farm animals can be fun -- maybe. Consider "Charlie the Chicken's Last Cluck" by clicking here.
3. Endorsements can make money, even a donkey knows that. Learn how by asking "Another Delphic Oracle." Easy-peasy, just click here.
4. Another week and alas even more events to inspire additional broadsides. But here's one to remind us not to put all our eggs in one basket. Always good advice. Click here to read.
5. This one is without animals unless the perps that took precious lives away from us all too soon count. There's a song some of you may remember. "These feet are made for..." Click here to read.
6. When it's hot, sometimes nothing tastes better than an ice cream cone. And perhaps ice cream can build bridges as in this story. Click here to read.
7. In pre-COVID days this would good advice. I too would pick up litter on my walks with our dog. Added bennies: I wouldn't have to see it the next day and it wouldn't blow into my yard. Still true, but it's probably a good idea to wear gloves and I still like the story you can read by clicking here.
8. Times they are a-changing. Yup. Never can tell how badly people strive for immortality and the question of who inherits. Here's a frightening look at a possible future one click away.
9. Some of us may remember the FUGS; if you don't, there's the internet where you can hear their music.. But for all there's this nostalgic broadside, Carpe Diem. Please click to read... and share.
10. Well...there are conventions and there are CONVENTIONS. The biggest and the best can be examined in the light of history. As for Charlie?? You'll have to read for yourself by clicking here.
11. Another week. I hope we don't run into problems voting as in this fable...that you should be able to read by clicking here. Let me know what you think.
12. Ouch...some much happening, so little time. Sorry I gave Short Beach preferential treatment this week. Click on its tab. THX.